Sisters

Sisters

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Kinsey conversations

After I put Kinsey in bed the other night, she said, "Momma, I need the blue stuff." (Advil)
I said, "what do you need it for?"
"My nose is running. It's driving me crazy!"
Her nose was not running, but I decided it was placebo time because this was the second time in the last couple of weeks she had asked for "the blue stuff" and she hasn't had any since before Spring Break.
"I'll go get some, I'll be right back."
I go and get the small measuring cup that goes with the Advil, look around for something non-drug related but thick and syrup-y  When I can't find anything, I resort to apple juice.
"Kins, we're out of the blue stuff, but I got some that is apple flavored."
She said, "is it blue?"
"No."
"Is it green?"
"yeah, kinda." (her glow mate does crazy things to the colors in her room.) "And its apple flavored."
She sits up and takes a drink and looks at my sideways and says very dryly, "it's apple juice."
"Does it taste like apple juice? Yummy!"
"Let me try again... Yeah it does!"
Then, last night at bedtime, she skips right to it. "Momma, I need some apple juice to make me feel better."


Monday after school, Kinsey says, "Luke is mean. I bit him. "
"What? Why?"
"He knock me down. I bit him."
"Did you have to sit in time out?"
"Nope."
"Did Luke?"
"Um hum."
"But we don't bite."
"He knock me down."
So, I'm left thinking there's a rule on the board at PDO right under "we keep our hands to ourselves" that says "knock someone down, they get to bite you." That however, is not the case at all.  Turns out she did NOT bite this Luke but he did, in fact, knock her down.  Mrs. Alivia informed me on Wednesday morning that when she got up from said knocking down they had to "hold her back because she was going after him."  When I picked her up Wednesday afternoon I asked, "how was her attitude with you guys today?" (She's been snotty with me and daddy lately.) I got, "she was great for us.  She just took everything out on Luke today."
Aw, that's my girl

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, that's definitely your girl. lol I knew she would be like her mommy and be able to hold her own.
    And the apple juice thing is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete