Sisters

Sisters

Monday, April 11, 2011

Happenings in Hobbs

Give me that orange.

Mom, she won't give me that orange!


Finally, Indy is ticklish. Not that I thought she wouldn't be, all kids are ticklish. It's just that she's stubborn and in her stubbornness refused, sometimes refuses, to laugh. But she's laughing now. However, she's a very perticular ticklish child. She likes to be very lightly, gently tickled on her ribs and feet. And sometimes only by mom is it funny. Have I mentioned she's a momma girl?

Us girls had ourselves some sickness this week.  Somehow, dad managed to avoid it. It started with what I would have sworn were just allergies for Kinsey. For two days she had this nonstop running nose. But no complaints out of her. Then on the third day, Indy and I picked it up. Running noses, fussiness, sneezing, clingliness, coughing, crying, sore throat, crankiness, headache, grumpiness, itchy eyes, you know, the ol' common cold.  It even cancelled, no, postponed our field trip to the Living Desert.  Although, when we go it may just be a family outing.

Last Sunday, we started dieting. In one week, I lost 7lbs.  Rusty lost 10. Swim suit season is not far away.  Enough said.

To preschool or not to preschool, is the big question. I am aware that she is only two.  However at the start of the next school year she will be three. Preschool aged. I know that not too long ago, Kindergarten wasn't even required. But I want her to be prepared and ready.  I'm back and forth on it.  I want her to be prepared but I don't want her stressed out.  Not that preschool will stress her out.  But I don't want her to be too busy.  Preschool for the 3 year olds is only two days a week, Tuesday and Thursday.  Which is great because PDO is Monday and Wednesday and she loves PDO.  I can't imagine taking her out of there when she still has another year in Mrs. Debbie's class.  You see the dilemma, I'm sure. So, this past week was open enrollment.  I called, asked some questions, answered some questions and signed her up. Now this shall give me plenty of time to change my mind not to preschool and then change back to preschool and then not... between now and August. Either way, I signed her up and then did breathing exercises.

We finally figured out where to put our canvas pictures that we are in love with!
Don't you just love 'em?!


In fun conversations with Kinsey:
At bedtime, I read her a story in the rocker. On this night she was almost asleep, so I wipe the hair out of her face a couple of times.  She grabs my hand and with her eyes still closed, says, "Stop playing around, momma. It's bedtime." Kids! Where do they come up with this stuff?

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures. Love the canvas. Love the stories too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, momma, no playing around. Haha.

    So, when you say, fussy and grumpy when the cold set in, you were speaking of the kids, right? lol

    And, yes, your canvases are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you take the pics for the canvases"? Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete