Sisters

Sisters

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Worst. Night. Sleep. Ever.

Laundry. Pack. Clean the house so if looks presentable if anyone should want to buy it while we're gone. Give both girls a bath and get them off to dreamland. Pack some more. Head off to bed, finally.

11:40p-Finally in bed, asleep by 11:40:01. 

12:29a-Indy wakes up. Expletive expletive!  Pull her into bed and feed her in hopes she'll go back to sleep. 

1:23a-She's still semi awake, semi eating.  More expletives and one very loud "Oh god, please, go back to sleep!" Okay, this isn't working, lots of kicking, head slinging, and general fighting. Let's try no swaddle wrap. 

1:39a-No, that's not going to work, either. Too much arm slinging and constant pacifier removal.  I begin to bargain, you can have one arm and we'll switch sides. Time elapse around 10 minutes. 

2:03a-Oh, no! You go back to bed! As she stood next to the bed, hands over her mouth, I knew she was scared. I tear myself away from #2, quite literally. I silently wish dad good luck.  Scoop up Poop and head back to her room.  She has a death grip on me and completely breaks me.  So, I sit down and rock her. 

2:13a-She asleep! One down!

2:17a-So maybe I'm the problem, Poops Jr. is asleep, too! Put her back in her crib.  Quick potty break. Grab a Tums and ew, Tums and wax down mix.  

2:37a-Ugh! Why is she crying again? Turn on the loud Great Barrier Reef Soother. Stick the pacifier back in. 

2:39a-Pull the covers over my head.

2:40a-Finally back to sleep.

4:00a-Oooo, crap! Is that my alarm already?

6:00a-Head Out. 

Final destination, Indiana.

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! That is one crazy night! We are so very thankful that you guys are coming home! Can't wait to see you guys!! Xoxo Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. :( Hope you have a good trip anyway! We had a night similar to that, which is awesome in an apt. With neighbors. On all sides. Nice.

    ReplyDelete