Sisters

Sisters

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Ouch!

That hurts.  I think I have a pretty high tolerance for pain and I think it could always be worse so "suck it up." But ouch! Just ouch.  The spacers were annoying at first and as they began to move things around, they began to cause some pain and tenderness in my teeth and gums.  I only had them for a week, I guess most have them for two weeks. But I was eager to get this two year process started. Well, maybe eager isn't the right word here.  Stupid, sounds more fitting now.  Of course, they didn't warn me last week, all this info was new after they started fitting me with the brackets and bands. Only then did I get the ol' well you teeth and gum are really tender and this is going to hurt more business.  So, after I get fitted and they put the braces on, I get three more, new spacers.  Seriously! It's like some sort of medieval torture device.  They were painful last night but today...OOo today... I can't eat. I got Subway, thinking that's soft. Yeah, even in Hobbs, their bread is soft.  That was a miserable lunch/mistake. I'm going to a liquids diet for a couple of days.  So here it is:

That's my new face. At least that's what I think everyone is looking at.


2 comments:

  1. Advil is your friend, my dear! Yikes. And if they say you need rubber bands....run!! It'll be over before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never would have thought you were getting braces. Especially not for two year. Enjoy! Get colorful rubber bands. I had braces for a year. I had clear ones because I didn't want silver. I had clear rubber bands because I wanted them as invisible as possible. That's a big fat waste of an excuse to have a colorful mouth. LOL

    ReplyDelete