Sisters

Sisters

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Week in review

Big thing of the week... Okay, so I'm not ready to declare victory but we've had four consecutive nights of G. O. O. D. good sleep out of Indy. There's about an hour to an hour and a half (maybe longer, as I've been known to fall asleep sitting up) of her sleeping on me while I unwind from the day, ie Facebook, email and blog. Then I put her in her crib and she has slept for a minimum of 6 hours! I'm yelling 6 hours. Can you hear it?

We've got ourselves a little discovery girl, too. Everything in the hand goes in the mouth. She's getting a hold of a lot more things, too, like Kinsey, my hair, her feet, my hair or anything I have in my hands... She is really making great stride in the motor skills department.

And guess who had avocado for the first time this week and liked it? Hint: it's not me, I do not like it! Did you guess Indy? If so, you score one point. She may or may not, however, like oatmeal anymore. The last two times she has eaten it we are left trying to catch jet puke in our hands.

Also, big in our house this week is the fact that Indy has finally started taking a pacifier! Yay! Now, if you're thinking isn't she a little old? Shouldn't she be about to give one up had she taken it in the first place? Well, let me say this; Yes, it's true she's almost six months old and yes, maybe other babies, perhaps yours even, were ready to be weaned at this age but Indy is not your baby and she's not like other babies. She's her own person and this is what works for her. I'm very happy about it. She's learning to calm and soothe herself better because sucking on her hand while mad didn't do anything to help matters.

I must say, Kinsey is a terrific child. She's well behaved in an age appropriate sort of way. She's very polite, says "please and thank you," (usually together) "excuse me," "sorry," and Miss in front of peoples names.  She was even caught calling me "Miss Mommy."  She's loving and gives lots of hugs.  She's funny, good natured, easy going and always smiling, but we've drove head first into a firestorm of two year olds. Defiance and independence with a mix of indecisiveness have come to visit. Noooope becomes "NO!" Followed by "I'll do it!" and rounded out with a full blown melt down with standard features including crying, screaming, and arm flailing. Kinsey do you want to wear big girl panties. "Nope." Are you sure? "Yup." Okay you don't have to wear girl big panties (sitting them down out of reach).  "WAaaaaH!! I want to wear my big girl panties."  I understand that this is just part of her journey but good grief patiences is not a strong suit for me.

We took Kinsey to see "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown." I told her early in the day that she was going to go on a date with me and daddy to see "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown." She talked about it all day, but somehow I was dropped from the equation. She said, "I go on a date wif daddy to see Charlie Brown". So cute, even if she tossed me aside.

As for me, my homework was fun this week.  I was able to get the family to help out and I'm very grateful!  It's all about the motion blur and shutter speed. Blah, blah, blah.


No blur

Motion Blur


Panning (Love this one. Her smile was never ending on the motorcycle.)

No blur
Motion Blur

Panning

5 comments:

  1. Yay for Sleep! Yay for pacis! Boo for tantrums! and....how do you do panning?! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! How do u do panning? I love the look of it. Awesome blog!!! I love hearing about those two beautiful girls, both the good and the well not so good. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to see you guys again. Xoxo. Sis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, not sure how to respond to your comment on my blog, so I'll just comment on your blog as a response - ha! I love that Kinsey said, "There's Drew!" Too cute. AND...I emailed Malinda (Emma's mom - she was at Drew's party). Her husband is the manager of Albertsons, so I sent her the pic of Drew and told her he needed to get those carts in Hobbs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun pictures. Those are some pretty cute animated faces. Aren't you glad we have "homework" to help us figure these kinds of things out?! :)

    ReplyDelete